Considering that VLSI Industry is a niche and technology intensive field, companies expects some essential skills when they recruit trained engineers.
Here are some of the Technical / Soft skills, which VLSI companies generally look for.
- Analytical & Reasoning Skills
- Learning Ability
- Communication Skills – Written & Verbal
- Hard Work
- Work Ethics
- Team player
- Strong in fundamentals – Digital Electronics, CMOS ..etc.
- Strong Concepts in your area of specialization like PD, DFT, Layout, etc..
- Good familiarity with the flow, techniques, tools knowledge.
Considering that learning and working in VLSI field requires some aptitude and personality traits, chipedge gives admissions whoever meets the required criteria.
Admission process includes
- Written Test
Written Test (online) :
Duration of Test: 60min
No.of Questions: 40
Type of Questions: Multiple Choice (no Negative marks)
Syllabus for Written Test: Analytical, Reasoning, Digital Electronics, CMOS fundamentals, Network Theory, Verilog ..etc.
This process includes further assessment of your fundamentals knowledge and soft skills.
Typically the interviews are conducted in ChipEdge office in Bangalore. If any one can not come to bangalore for interview, it will be conducted over SKYPE call.