ASIC Design Verification Course for Students/Freshers (UG/PG)
Kick Start your VLSI Career by Joining this Placement Assisted Course, Designed as Per Industry Skill Requirements and Delivered by Industry Experts.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Online VLSI Lab Access
30th January 2023
Live Online Classess
ASIC Design Verification (DV), is also called RTL/ Functional Verification, which involves verification of the RTL design for its functionality. As the RTL design has to be exhaustively verified for its functionality, the demand for a DV Engineers in the VLSI Industry is comparatively more than other skill sets.
Design Verification in VLSI course comprehensively covers digital design, Verilog for verification, System Verilog and UVM with multiple examples, labs and projects. A couple of Industry standard protocols will be covered during the Design Verification in VLSI course which will give an implementation experience for projects.
VLSI Design & Verification course is designed by keeping the latest industry requirements in mind and delivered by practicing experts in Design Verification. Importance is given to cover all the relevant concepts, latest methodologies, with a good emphasis on hands-on labs and multiple projects, to give good exposure to industry complexity.
₹ Call for Attractive Discounts
Admission Closes: 19th November 2022
No Cost EMI option 100% Money Back Guarantee Group Discounts (3 or more people together)
At the end of the course the candidate will be able to:
- Understand and code using Verilog, System Verilog.
- Write assertions, functional coverage bins.
- Understand UVM, its components and its usage.
- Develop a test plan for a given specification/protocol.
- Code a Verification Test Environment using Verilog, System Verilog and UVM.
- Develop directed and constraint driven random test cases, run them and analyse the bugs.
- Collect Functional Coverage data.
Course Delivery Model
Duration & Timing:
VLSI Tools & Lab
Tools to be used:
Who Can attend this course
Technology Libraries To be Used:
No Cost EMI
Avail no cost EMI option with ZERO processing charge from our financial partners. You can choose 6 to 9 months EMI without paying any additional cost on interest.
Our Placement Desk works closely with the leading VLSI companies to meet their entry level skilled engineer hiring needs and arranges interview opportunities for our trained engineers. The Hiring companies include both MNC and Service Companies.
The Placement Desk has emerged as a favored destination for many organizations who come back year after year to recruit fresh talent nurtured at ChipEdge.
We provide placement support as a complimentary service until the candidate gets the job. Interested candidates need to register with the placement desk for further assistance. For more information, please speak to our Learning Advisor.
There are 3 Simple process in the Admission Process which are detailed below:
Step 1: Online Eligibility Test
Take online test for 60 mins with 40 MCQs. Syllabus includes Aptitude, Digital Electronics, Electronic Devices ..etc
Step 2: Interview
This process includes further assessment of your fundamentals knowledge and soft skills. It will be conducted over a video call.
Step 3: Seat Confirmation
Enroll in the course, if selected. Start your preparation by getting access to the pre-requisite materials.
Why Choose ChipEdge ?
Latest Synopsys Tools with individual Licenses for each Learner. Labs & Projects designed as per latest industry needs.
Best Trainers from industry with strong technical experience and currently working on latest technologies.
Complimentary Job Assistance Program without any extra cost, to help our Learners get jobs with leading VLSI Companies.
Learn on the go with Chipedge’s learning app. Access materials, attend live sessions anytime and anywhere.
Robust VLSI Lab with latest Synopsys Tools running on high end servers and high speed internet lines with 24×7 availability.
- Introduction to Linux
- Command line operators
- File Operations
- Text Editors
- Text Manipulating
- Network Operations
- Special keystrokes
- Number System, Boolean Algebra, SOP and POS, K-Map
- Combinational circuits
- Sequential circuits
- Finite State machines
- Frequency Division
- Setup and Hold time checks
- Advance Design Issues: Metastability, Noise Margins, Power, Fanout, Timing Considerations
- FIFO Depth Calculation
- Electronic Devices, Power Sources, Thevenin and Norton Theorem
- Semiconductors Device Physics : Atomic Structure, Electronic Configuration, Doping, Diode - Biasing and VI Characteristics
- MOSFET : Regions of operation, VI Characteristics
- Function implementation using CMOS
- Stick Diagram and Layout
- Second order effects : Body Effect, Channel length modulation, Punch through, subthreshold conduction, DIBL
- Process Technology : Clean Room, Wafer manufacturing, Oxidation, DIffusion, Ion Implementation, Lithography
- Overview of Digital design with Verilog HDL
- Hierarchical Modeling Concepts: Top-down, bottom-up Design Methodology, modules, components of simulation, stimulus block
- Modeling Styles in Verilog: Behavioral or algorithmic level, data flow level, gate level, switch level
- Basic concepts: Lexical conventions, Operators, data types, System tasks, compiler directives, File Input and output.
- Modules and Ports: Module definition, port declaration, connecting ports, hierarchical name referencing
- Behavioral Modeling: Initial and always, blocking and non blocking statements, delay control, event control, conditional statements, loops, sequential and parallel blocks.
- Verification Concepts :
- ASIC Design Flow
- Verification Flow
- Testbench Architecture
- Verification Plan
- Verification of combinational and sequential circuits:
- Examples: Half adder, full adder, Encoder, comparator and their verification
- Sequential circuits Verification: - Dff, Shift registers
- Parameters and parameterized modules
- Mini project usingVerilog
- Introduction to Perl
- Interactive Mode programming
- Script Mode Programming
- Numerical and String Literals
- Data Types, lists, arrays, operators
- Perl Conditional statements
- The chomp operator
- Grep function
- Subroutines and Modules
- Reading and Writing Files
- Introduction to System Verilog - Basic Data types, enum
- Arrays Packed and Unpacked and Queues
- Dynamic and associative Arrays and their methods
- Interfaces, Modports, Clocking Blocks, Procedural Blocks
- Creating Instances, Connecting DUT and TB via Interfaces
- Tasks and Functions
- Threads, Fork Join, Fork join_none, Fork join_any
- Virtual interfaces, transactors
- Tips for Scoreboard Development
- OOPs Concepts - Classes, objects and handles, Polymorphism and Inheritance
- Virtual Methods, Static Variable and Methods
- Shallow copy, Deep Copy
- Parameterized classes, Abstract Classes
- Randomization and Constraints
- Coverage Based Verification : Cover points and bins, cross coverage
- Motivation for UVM
- Evolution of UVM
- Components in UVM Testbench
- Creating Test Stimulus
- Phasing in UVM
- Introduction to TLM
- Ports, exports, implementation
- Analysis ports
- TLM FIFO
- Analysis FIFO
- Request-response channel
- Sequencer - driver interaction
- Sockets and transport channels.
- Factory Overrides: by instance, by type
- UVM Resource
- Config db and resource db
- Virtual Sequence
- Synchronization mechanisms in UVM
- Data Item for generation
- Transaction Modelling
- Driver implementation
- Top Module
- RAL Model
- Integration with DUT
- UVM Tips & Tricks
- Compile time
- Interrupt Handling in UVM
- APB/AHB Slave IP Verification
- Ethernet 1G MAC VIP Development
Considering the covid pandemic, we have converted the job oriented courses with regular class room training to Live Online Training Model.
You will attend the instructor led online classes from home, including labs. For 5th month, you can come to Bangalore for doing a project if the covid19 situation improves. Else you can complete the project online. Its upto your choice.
Except changing the delivery model to blended, everything else remains the same ..which includes duration of the course, syllabus, faculty, labs, projects, placements.
As we are taking only 40 seats per the course, you will get same care and attention from the faculty, which you get in class room learning.
The Minimum Qualification Required Is An Educational Background In Electronics. This Could Include
- B. Tech/B.E In ECE / EEE / Telecom / Instrumentation.
- M.Tech/M.Sc In VLSI / Embedded / Power Electronics / Digital Electronics / Digital Communications.
Year of Passing:
- For freshers without job experience: 2019 / 2020
- For Engineers with experience in some domain: 2018 or earlier.
one should have 60% or above percentage throughout the academics
Design Verification in VLSI, trainer has 15+ Years Of Experience In The VLSI Industry. She has worked with leading VLSI companies, most recently with Synopsys.
We Provide Placement Assistance By Arranging Interview Opportunities With Hiring Companies. This is complimentary service from ChipEdge, without charging any extra amount for this. We charge only for our training, but not for placements.
We extend placement assistance, till one gets job. To Ensure Successful Placements, We Provide Added Support Including Mentorship, Fundamentals Classes, Soft Skills Training, Mock Interviews Etc.
We provide comprehensive placement assistance for VLSI design and verification course, but we do not give any placement guarantee. We provide quality training and interview opportunities to all our learners, but how you utilize the opportunities and crack the interviews will solely depend on you.
As per our knowledge, most of the training organizations/colleges, even premium colleges like IITs/NITs/IIMs, they do not guarantee the placement. As per the reputation of the organization, companies do visit for hiring and candidates get jobs. It depends on the candidates, how they utilize the course for learning and proving his/her talent when the opportunity is provided.
Salary Range For Freshers Is From 3- 4 Lakhs Per Annum In Service Companies. Salaries In Product/MNC Companies Can Range Between 7 To 12.5 Lakhs.
Each year many companies visit ChipEdge for recruiting the various positions because of the quality training that we offer. Both Service Companies like Altran, HCL, L&T, Synapse, Insemi, Cerium, sankalp, Tessolve, ..etc as well as Product Companies (MNCs) like Intel, Samsung, Synopsys, MediaTek, Global Foundries, Microsemi ...etc visit us regularly for hiring.
For a complete list of companies visit https://chipedge.com/hiring-companies/
Internship option available for M.tech students, integrated with the job-oriented course.
The Internship model has 2 phases.
Phase1 – Learning: 4 months
Learning respective domain knowledge in 4 months, along with hands-on labs with VLSI tools.
Phase2 – Application (Projects): 2 months
Application of your learning in projects. one project will be part of course work, which completes in 5 months.
Whoever chooses the internship option, the extra project will be provided for the 6th month along with lab access and guidance from the technical experts.
For further details, please check with our Learning Advisor.
We use 14nm libraries for labs, projects.
We use the latest and genuine versions of Synopsys Tools for our courses. please check course pages, for the list of tools used for that respective course. We provide a dedicated tool license for every learner during the lab/project work.
This is the biggest advantage with ChipEdge courses, as quality and standard EDA/VLSI tools are important for any VLSI course. And these tools are typically very costly ranging from $50,000 to $200,000 per license per year. Many service companies dont have these tools. Thanks to the EDA/Tool companies for giving these tools at subsidized & affordable rates to training companies, so that engineers can get trained on these tools.
Providing real time projects is not feasible in a VLSI Training environment. The projects we provide are of similar complexity but of a medium size as executed in the industry. For Learning purposes these projects are good enough. Many working professionals & students achieved success, by working on these projects.
VLSI Companies send their engineers to chipedge, to get their engineers trained on these projects.
We do have installment options for some courses. No Cost EMI option is available through our financial partner organizations, who provide loans for training programs.
please check with our Learning Advisors.
ChipEdge believes in quality and professional approach in what we offer, which earned a reputation from industry & professionals. If you are not happy with the course quality, 100% of your fee will be refunded.
Please visit the refund policy for more details
Sorry, GST is mandatory for all course fee payments and tax invoice will be provided to you.. We follow the Govt Tax Laws strictly, as part of our corporate governance policy.
We understand 18% GST is significant amount. We have recommended Govt of India, to consider reducing the GST for skill development programs. We are hopeful, they will reduce in future.