ChipEdge realized that faculty training is crucial to improve the quality of VLSI teaching at academic institutions. The current scenario is, faculties at majority of the institutions are lacking application oriented knowledge, lack of exposure to the latest technologies and lack of expertise on VLSI tools usage. This is due to lack of proper ECO system between universities and industry.
We at ChipEdge decided to build this ECO system and prove that this model works. To achieve this objective, we have designed modular training to faculties, who are already teaching VLSI subjects in UG or PG courses. We focus on giving industry oriented training, with hands on practicals using the VLSI(EDA) tools they are using as part of their courses.
List of VLSI Modules for faculty training
Logic Design & Verification – 48 hours (6 days)
- module1: Logic Design using Verilog – 28 hours
- module2: Logic Verification using Verilog – 20 hours
Analog Circuit Design & Layout – 48 hours (6 days)
- module1: Analog Circuit Design – 28 hours
- module2: Analog Circuit layout – 20 hours
Advanced VLSI Modules:
- Synthesis, STA – 48 hours
- Physical Design – 48 hours
- Design For Test (DFT) – 48 hours
Training Delivery Model
Training program will be organized at a centrally located engineering college and faculties from different engineering colleges in the region will be invited.
ChipEdge is looking for college partners, who are willing to share their lab facilities (with standard EDA tools) & infrastructure (class room..etc) with outside faculties. ChipEdge will pay the college per day basis or offer free training to selected number of faculties.
Exclusive Training to faculty of Engineering College / University
This program will be designed exclusive to your faculty, considering their expertise level and will be delivered at your college, according to your convenience (between the semesters or summer holidays ..)
The payment will be per day basis, as the number of participants will be less.
- Training will be delivered by VLSI experts with rich industry experience
- Training will be customized according to the faculties VLSI expertise
- Specially designed courses, using Cadence tools
- ChipEdge will issue a certificate to the participants
- More emphasis on the practicals using the VLSI / EDA tools
- Opportunity to have in-depth technical discussions with the trainers