Physical Design in VLSI Design cycle involves preparing the design for fabrication at a selected foundry (TSMC, Global foundries ..), with a specific technology node (10nm, 7nm..). This process involves several steps starting with floor planning and ending with delivering GDS2 files to foundry after doing all sign off checks.
Physical Design has evolved as complex specialization and in demand skill for last 2 decades. This course will give decent exposure on physical design concepts, techniques, along with hands on labs and a project at the end.
Training Delivery Model
- Instructor-Led Online Live Training
- Timings: 9:30 am to 1 pm (Saturday & Sunday)
- Module-specific Lecture sessions and Labs conducted hand-in-hand
- Emphasis on Lab driven hands-on training aimed at building key skills
- Weekdays: Lab support through WhatsApp
- Flexible learning with Lab Access from home through VPN
Soft copies of training materials will be provided, through LMS (online learning management system) which can be accessed online at any time, any device.
Course completion certificate will be provided who meet the course completion criteria. The assessment process includes evaluating the assignments and final written test.
Who Can Attend This Course?
- B.Tech/M.Tech freshers who have done Internships with any VLSI companies and are interested to improve skills.
- Working Professionals from the VLSI industry, currently working in some areas (RTL Design, Verification, FPGA Design, Analog Layout, Synthesis, STA, Characterization), but want to switch to Physical design (PD).
- Working Physical Design Engineers who want to fill the gaps in their understanding & strengthen Physical Design knowledge to deliver effectively in their current role.
- Working Professionals in Embedded / Electronics (PCB designing, assembling, testing..) and interested in changing Career into the VLSI industry.
- Faculty working in Engineering Colleges / Universities, teaching VLSI subjects.
- B.E / B.Tech in Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation
- M.Tech / M.S in VLSI / Embedded Systems / Electronics / Similar
Knowledge of the below topics is Required.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of digital Electronics Fundamentals.
- Knowledge of CMOS Fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Verilog / VHDL is a plus
- Knowledge of ASIC / SOC design flow is a plus