Analog circuit design field has myriad opportunities in various fields – Data converter/signal conditioning, Power Management, High speed interfaces, Instrumentation etc.
Job opportunities in Analog Circuit Design are available for engineers with passion towards Analog design, strong analytical problem solving capability and strong work discipline/commitment.
This course is designed for the working professionals with at least 1+ years of work experience in VLSI / Electronics Industry, who want to learn and possibly switch to Analog Circuit Design field.
What do you get out of this Course?
- Exposure to basic concepts of Analog Circuits, design methodologies and design problems underneath.
- Complete theory part is backed up with tool based lab sessions, hence learning analog circuit basics becomes easy.
- Once basic concepts are strengthened, a chance to design quite a few building blocks.
- At the end, strong confidence to attempt to take a shot at complex analog circuits.
What Opportunities could open up for you?
- Entry level Analog circuit designer or high speed IO circuit designer openings.
- Confidence to design/analyse more complex circuits. Potential to move up the ladder.
- Understand customer problems/requirements quickly, and capability to provide optimum solution
Uniqueness of this course:
- Focus on strengthening analog circuit basics and intuitive understanding of the designs – not just on tools.
- All the concepts are reinforced with circuit simulation for ease of understanding.
- Tools are accessible even from your home through VPN connection, so that learning is extended beyond weekly class room sessions.
- Self-experimenting with IFs and BUTs of circuit configurations to help in addressing practical problems.
Training Delivery Model:
- Weekends (Saturdays) : Instructor-Led classroom training
- Each Lecture session will be followed by Labs on that module
- Weekdays : Lab support through Email and WhatsApp
- Flexible learning with 24/7 Lab Access from home through VPN
- Hand-outs of training materials will be provided
- Reference Materials will be shared
Who Can Attend This Course?
- Any Electronics Engineer, who has passion to learn Analog Circuit Design and has some exposure to MOS circuits
- Engineers working in IO/Analog Layout/Characterization/Modelling/AMS Verification etc. would like to Learn to do their job more effectively or interested to pursue Circuit Design opportunities.
- Working Analog Circuit Design Engineers who want to fill the gaps in their understanding & strengthen circuit design concepts to contribute effectively in their current role.
- Faculty working in Engineering Colleges / Universities, teaching Analog Design subjects , who would like to get practical exposure.
- College fresher with inclination towards Analog Circuit design, interested to pursue career opportunities in the Analog Design.
Knowledge on below topics are Required.
- Detailed knowledge/understanding of MOS Devices.
- Basic understanding of circuit simulator – hspice or spectre, etc.
- Good understanding of control theory, network theory and other basic electrical/electronic subjects.
- Desirable to have some understanding of Analog layout
- Passion towards Analog circuits
- Work discipline
Week 1: Device Basics.
- Refreshing MOS basics.
- Circuit Design Tool Flow Introduction.
- MOS Device Characterisation using simulation
Week 2: Analog Circuit Basics
- Design of Single Ended MOS Amplifiers.
- Common Source (CS) Amplifier Design for various design parameters
- Identify practical difficulties and constraints.
- (Size, power, etc)
- Introduction to other Single Ended Amplifiers.
Week 3: Analog Circuit Basics
- Design of Differential Amplifiers.
- Extended CS Amplifier concept to differential amp
- Understanding common mode and differential signalling
- Design and identify usage and importance of differential amplifier
Week 4: Analog Building Blocks
- Design and Verification of OTA/Operational Amplifier.
- Build the design based learning of CS amplifier and Diff Amp
- Understand application of OTA/OpAmp in various system designs.
Week 5: Analog Building Blocks
- Design and Verification of Band gap reference
Week 6: Analog Building Blocks
- Design and Verification of Analog Comparator
- Apply the learning of OTA, diff amp etc. and build an analog comparator
- Understand various architectures and limitations of comparator
- Understand applications of comparator in various Analog Designs (like ADC)
Week 7: Analog Building Blocks
- Design and Verification of Oscillator Circuit
- Learn designing a ring based voltage controlled oscillator
- Understand limitations and advantage of each architecture.
- Understand usage of VCO in PLL
Week 8: (Project Work)
- Introduction to Analog IP/Module using Analog Building blocks
- Project work on selected design/topic
Tools to be used:
- Full custom design environment from leading EDA vendor, with hspice as simulator.
- Additional Lab Hours through VPN, to enable you spend more time on labs from home. This is on top of Trainer led lab sessions.
The trainer has work experience of more than 20 years in leading semiconductor MNCs in IO and Analog Circuit design field. His designs have been used in many successful products.
He is passionate about teaching and has devised and conducted many training sessions for entry/mid level engineers throughout his career. He has created teams with young engineers and trained them to deliver cutting edge designs.
His training sessions are highly interactive and are dotted with practical tips out of his experience. He stresses and ensures that participants gets firm hold on basic concepts, which help in solving design problems.
- Course learning will be assessed as per Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Course completion certificate from ChipEdge
- Certification and credits leading to M.S degree from Global University of Engineering, USA