- Course Overview
- Who Can Attend
- Course Outline
- Tools & Lab
- Fee & Discounts
The course is designed and will be delivered by experts in physical design, as per the industry requirements. Importance is given to cover the concepts, methodology with good emphasis on hands-on training, using synopsys tools with at least 60 % time allocated to lab sessions with quality project at the end of the course.
Training Delivery Model:
- Weekends (Sundays) : Instructor-Led classroom training
- Each Lecture session will be followed by Labs on that module
- Weekdays : Lab support through Email and WhatsApp
- Flexible learning with 24/7 Lab Access from home through VPN
- Hand-outs of training materials will be provided
- Reference Materials will be shared
Who Can Attend This Course?
- Working Professionals from VLSI industry, currently working in some area (RTL Design,Verification, FPGA Design, analog layout, Synthesis, STA, characterisation, board level testing..etc) , but want to switch to Physical design (PD).
- Working Physical Design Engineers who want to fill the gaps in their understanding & strengthen physical design knowledge to deliver effectively in current role.
- Working Professionals in Embedded / Electronics (PCB designing, assembling, testing..) and interested to Change Career into VLSI industry.
- Faculty working in Engineering Colleges / Universities, teaching VLSI subjects.
Knowledge on below topics are Required.
- Working knowledge of linux.
- Knowledge of digital Electronics fundamentals.
- Knowledge of CMOS fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Verilog / VHDL is a plus
- Knowledge of ASIC / SOC design flow is a plus
Module 1: CMOS fundamentals & Introduction to Physical Design
MOS Operation, I-V Characteristics of MOS, Inverter Operation, Nand/Nor CMOS Circuits, MOS Second-order Effects, Overview of ASIC/SOC design flow and Overview of Physical Design flow.
Module 2: Inputs & Sanity Check
List of inputs (libraries, technology files, netlist, timing constraints, IO placement) to the PD flow, contents of each input, qualifying the received inputs and sanity checks.
Module 3: Floorplan
Goals of floor planning, different aspects of floor planning, Area estimation, Square/Rectangle/Rectilinear Floorplans, IO placement, macro placement, channel-width estimation, Floor planning guidelines.
Module 4: Power Routing:
Goals of Power Routing, Types of Power Routing, PG-Rings, PG Mesh and follow-pin/std cell rail.
Module 5: Placement
Goals of Placement, types of placements, pre-place (End-cap, Tap & I/O Buffer) cells, , pre-place optimization and in-place optimization, congestion analysis, timing analysis, Tie-cells, High-Fanout Net Synthesis,Scan chain re-order, Regioning/Grouping/Bounds.
Module 6: Timing Analysis & Optimization
Basic timing checks(setup, hold..), understanding timing constraints(SDC), timing corners, timing report analysis, general optimization techniques, typical causes for timing violations and strategies for fixing the same.
Module 7: Clock Tree Synthesis (CTS)
Goals of CTS, Types of Clock-tree, CTS Specification, Building clock tree, Analyze the results, Fine-tuning the Clock-tree and Guidelines for best CTS results.
Module 8: Routing
Goals of Routing, Types-of Routing, Global Routing, Detail Routing, Fixing of routing violations (DRC, LVS), post route optimization, issues in routing and guide lines for optimum routing results.
Module 9: ECO Flow
What is ECO, Types of ECO, Timing & Functional ECO prep, rolling in the ECO, Performing the ECO placement and routing.
Module 10: Sign-off Checks
Physical Verification (DRC, LVS, ERC), IR drop analysis, Electro-Migration Analysis, Cross-Talk (SI) analysis, Sign-off Timing analysis, Logical Equivalence checking.
Module 11: Project
2 projects will be given covering Netlist to GDS flow. The method of execution will be similar to typical block level Physical Design work/project in the industry. Block level input database will be given and the participant has to complete routing, after cleaning all the issues during sign-off checks.
Tools to be used:
- Leading EDA Physical Design Tool set – ICC, IC validator, Star-RC, Prime Time will be used.
- Additional Lab Hours through VPN, to enable you spend more time on labs from home. This is on top of Trainer led lab sessions during Sundays.
The trainer is working as Lead Physical Design Engineer with a leading VLSI Company in Bangalore and has 11+ years of Physical Design experience in VLSI industry, with multiple complex tape outs to his credit.
He is passionate about teaching and mentored many entry / mid level engineers throughout his corporate career. He is excellent Trainer and has received good credentials for all his training deliveries. He is dynamic in nature and brings high energy levels to the class.
He teaches from his rich industry experience, with case studies of various design problems he has faced while working as PD Engineer.
- Course learning will be assessed as per Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Course completion certificate from ChipEdge
- Certification and credits leading to M.S degree from Global University of Engineering, USA
- Placement Assistance Available for interested candidates
- Mock Interviews conducted for job seekers to help them succeed in the interviews
Fees & Discounts:
Course Fee: ₹ 62,000 (15% Service Tax Extra)
- Early-Bird Discount- 5% (Rs 3,100) . Offer valid till 26th Feb
- Group Discount- 3% (Rs 1,860) , if 3 or more people join together
“It would be right investment on this high quality course, with high ROI (return on investment) considering good opportunities available for experienced & quality physical design engineers.“
Was expecting only few concepts but it was exceeded. Trainer is best especially his sharing of experience. The course met my expectations, confident enough to crack interview.
Trainer is excellent. Explained concepts very well. Full filled expectations regarding knowledge.
The course covered in depth block level and hands on. Trainer is very helpful and has lots of practical expertise in handling the course.